The Adcock Group recognises that in pursuing its business objectives, it has a legal and moral responsibility to manage all aspects relating to the environment. Therefore, through a programme of continual improvement the company will aim to take every opportunity to protect and nurture the environment. Adcock hereby adopts this policy in an effort to show its commitment to managing its environmental responsibilities.
By exercising proper control over its activities the company aims to achieve the following key objectives:
- As a minimum, complying with all the legal requirements set out in the relevant Environmental Legislation and other requirements to which the organization subscribes, and where possible striving to exceed these requirements.
- Reducing and where practicable preventing pollution, thus minimising our environmental impacts and developing a culture of environmental consciousness.
- Minimising the amount of waste sent to landfill, by ensuring the waste hierarchy is applied to all waste generated and making sure our statutory Duty of Care requirements are being fulfilled.
- Promoting responsible energy efficiency in all work process, in an effort to reduce green house gas emissions and preserve natural resources.
- Ensuring there is effective emergency plans in place to mitigate the effects of any accidental emissions or spillages.
- Raising awareness of environmental issues at all levels throughout the company by incorporating environmental factors into business decisions.
- Our employees will be provided with the information necessary to fully implement this policy via staff notice boards, regular staff meetings and any other communication channels deemed necessary. All new employees will receive a copy of the environmental policy upon induction and will be briefed on the company’s expectations.
The policy will be reviewed annually, and revised accordingly.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch.